Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm back.

Ok, I know I promised to blog, made two posts and then gave up. I've fully intended to continue my blogging, but then I just got sidetracked. We've been to different restaurants and I've taken random pictures, intending to post, and then I just didn't. So, in an effort to catch you up on a few of the last months, I will start here. I'll start with talking about different restaurants that we experienced on our vacation, and then I'll go to restaurants in the area. In addition, I might change the premise of the blog a bit. I'm going to blog about my own cooking from time to time, as well as interesting places that maybe we've found on our travels, not necessarily restaurants. So here goes.

St. Thomas, February/March 2010

Frank and I took a trip to St. Thomas, USVI in late February/early March 2010. We rented an apartment for the week, which we found on Vacation Rentals by Owner (www.vrbo.com) - a website that I'm kind of obsessed with. Think renting a house "down the shore" - but your possibilities are endless. After our trip to Ireland last year, we realized that we really enjoy staying in a "home" and then exploring the area in day trips. It feels so much more comfortable than a hotel, and a lot of times it's cheaper. Not to mention the $ you can save on meals by eating in.
So here's the condo we stayed in.







It had an amazing view. I must have taken 20 pictures just of the view.

We absolutely loved it.

If you know me, you know I'm a researcher. So I had a list of restaurants that I wanted to try while we were there. After hours and hours of researching, I came up with a shortlist of about 6 or 7 restaurants. We had 9 days, I figured if we didn't get to all of them that was ok, but it was certainly a good start. I guess the easiest way to document our trip is to do it by days. So I'll start there.

No comments:

Post a Comment