Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Woodbury Station Cafe

My friend and I went to the Woodbury Station Cafe for lunch on one of my Fridays off. I pass by this place every day on my way to work, but I never really knew much about it. It's right on Cooper St. at the railroad crossing in Woodbury (you know, the train you get stuck at for 10 minutes?). My friend had been there previously, and told me that it was just up my alley. So we planned to go on a Friday, since we have off of work on Fridays in the summer (Yes, you can be jealous. Yes, it is awesome). We parked in one of the only spots left (always a good sign). Speaking of good signs - here is the cute sign that greeted us on our way in.
 Patio seating, or indoor seating? Well, it was on one of the less-than-stifling summer days, so we opted for outside. It was so charming.. lots of foliage to make the otherwise very public outdoor space just a little more private (creating charming patio seating next to train tracks is no easy feat). Our view (ok, not a great picture I know) is below.


So I took a look at the menu.. so hard to make a decision! There's a lot of french-inspired entrees - beignets (i would have loved to have tried them), some delicious breakfast entrees that made me think twice about ordering lunch (they serve breakfast all day). Everything sounded delicious. But I opted for this little number (I have no idea what it was actually called) - grilled chicken with roasted red peppers and sharp provolone, on brioche. Take note to that side of sweet potato waffle fries. That was no afterthought, baby - I hate when a side is an afterthought. *cough* coleslaw *cough*
I have to give props to this place for their attention to detail - that brioche MADE this sandwich. Simply fabulous. And those sweet potato waffle fries - dusted with a cinnamon sugar mixture. I'm still thinking about them. So fresh, salty and sweet.My friend ordered the thanksgiving-on-a-roll (turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing) sandwich with a side of regular fries. She enjoyed it.  
 

The prices were reasonable. I think the sandwiches were around $8 or $9. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals, in a lovely atmosphere. I look forward to going back for breakfast.. or maybe a long lunch hour! I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment